SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 1,424 new COVID-19 cases in Illinois, including 12 additional deaths. Throughout southern Illinois, 43 new cases of the coronavirus were reported among regional health departments.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,356,391 cases, including 22,235 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Perry County: nine (since 5/6)
- Union County: seven
- Johnson County: six
- Jefferson County: six (since 5/8)
- White, Massac and Pulaski counties: three each
- Saline and Pope counties: two each
- Jackson and Alexander counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 3-9, 2021 is 3.4%.
Almost 10 million vaccines have been administered so far in Illinois. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 81,265 doses. On Monday, 70,426 doses were reported administered in Illinois.