WEST FRANKFORT – When the schools in West Frankfort announced in November that they would go to an All-Remote Plan, officials said they would change that plan no earlier than Monday, January 11. Tuesday afternoon, the district introduced the next steps.
The district will open Jan. 11 for in-person attendance on a hybrid, blended plan. In a change from last semester, the schools will be in session for in-person instruction Monday through Friday. Under the plan, students in all grades will still have the option for a complete remote learning schedule. However, if a student plans to participate in the hybrid, in-person model, their plan would be as follows:
- Denning Elementary School
- Monday – Friday: In person – 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. with Remote Time/Office Hours after 1 p.m.
- Frankfort Intermediate School and Central Junior High School
- Monday – Friday: In person – 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. with Remote Time/Office Hours after 1 p.m.
- Frankfort Community High School
- Monday – Friday: In person – 8 a.m. to 12:00 noon with Remote Time/Office Hours after 1 p.m.
There will be more information later this week on how the daily schedule will work at the junior high and high school. There will also be more information on meal distribution at that time.
Frankfort CUSD #168 Schools will continue on their full time remote plan through this Friday with meal distribution happening from 11 a.m. to noon each day.
The district will continue to post updates with more information here.