SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 4,453 new confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19, including 105 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 942,362 cases, including 16,074 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. Hundreds were reported across southern Illinois, many from throughout Christmas weekend.
Local case breakdown:
- Perry County: 144 (since 12/25)
- Jefferson County: 78, four deaths (since 12/25)
- Union County: 62 (since 12/24)
- Williamson County: 54
- Johnson and Franklin counties: 33
- Saline County: 24
- Hamilton County: 23 (since 12/24)
- Massac County: 21 (since 12/24)
- Jackson County: 19, three deaths
- Pope County: 11 (since 12/24)
- White County: 10
- Gallatin County: nine
- Hardin County: six (since 12/24)
- Pulaski and Alexander counties: five (since 12/24)
The Perry County Health Department said 97 of their cases were located at a correctional facility in the county. The facility is following IDPH guidelines and is fully cooperating with the health department, according to a release.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Dec. 21–27 is 8.7 percent.