SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday reported 6,363 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, a new 24-hour record for the state. Health officials additionally reported 56 additional deaths due to the novel coronavirus.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 395,458 cases, including 9,675 deaths, in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 38
- Williamson County: 36
- Saline County: 26, two deaths
- Franklin County: 20
- Jackson County: 19
- Alexander and Johnson counties: 10 each
- Massac and Hamilton counties: three each
- Union and White counties: two each
- Gallatin, Hardin, Pope and Pulaski counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Oct. 22–28 is 8.2 percent.