SPRINGFIELD – State health officials Tuesday announced 4,000 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 46 additional deaths. Three deaths were reported among two counties in southern Illinois.
The total number of cases since the pandemic began in Illinois has raised to 382,985 including 9,568 deaths.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 25, two deaths
- Franklin County: 18
- Jefferson Count: 16, one death
- Saline County: 11
- Alexander County: eight
- Gallatin, Union and White counties: six each
- Pulaski County: five
- Jackson County: four
- Hamilton and Perry counties: three each
- Johnson and Massac counties: two each
- Hardin County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate for cases as a percent of total tests from Oct. 20–26 is 6.4 percent.