SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 1,853 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 14 additional confirmed deaths, raising total number of cases since the pandemic began to 303,394 with 8,805 deaths statewide.
Across southern Illinois, 15 counties reported respective cases of the novel coronavirus.
Local case breakdown:
- Jefferson County: 48 (since Saturday), 21 stemming from a long-term care facility
- Union County: 20
- Johnson County: 15
- Randolph County: 12 (since Sunday)
- Saline County: seven
- Hamilton County: five
- Pulaski County: four
- Alexander, Massac and Williamson counties: three each
- Franklin, Wayne and White counties: two each
- Perry County: two (since Friday)
- Hardin County: one
- All cases are in isolation.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 28-Oct. 4 is 3.4 percent.