SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday reported 2,166 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
The total number of cases statewide since the pandemic started is now 295,440, including 8,696 deaths. More than 90 cases were reported throughout the region.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 23, one death
- Jefferson County: 15
- Saline and Wayne counties: nine each
- White County: seven (three isolated at home, four case statuses in progress)
- Johnson and Randolph counties: seven each
- Franklin County: five, one death
- Union and Perry counties: four each
- Massac County: three
- Jackson and Pulaski counties: two each
- Gallatin County: one
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 24-30 is 3.5 percent.