SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 1,709 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 13 additional confirmed deaths.
The total number of cases statewide is now 289,639 with 8,614 deaths. Locally, Wayne County led the region in cases.
Local case breakdown:
- Wayne County: 16
- Jefferson County: nine
- Saline County: eight (six isolated at home, one case status in progress, one hospitalized)
- Johnson County: eight
- Alexander and Pulaski counties: seven each
- Massac County: five
- Hamilton County: four
- Franklin County: two, one death
- Jackson, Perry, Pope and Williamson counties: two each
- Hardin and Union counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate regarding total tests from Sept. 21-27 is 3.7 percent.