SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Monday reported 1,477 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 7 additional confirmed deaths.
Locally, three deaths were reported among Williamson and Jefferson counties.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 275,735 cases, including 8,457 deaths, in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Saline County: 13
- Williamson County: nine, two deaths at a long-term care facility
- Johnson County: nine
- Jefferson County: six, one death
- Alexander and Hamilton counties: six each
- Jackson, Randolph, White and Franklin counties: four each
- Pulaski County: two
- Massac and Pope counties: one each
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity rate as of testing from September 14-20 is 3.5%.