SOUTHERN ILLINOIS – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Thursday reported 2,056 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Illinois, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 268,207 cases, including 8,392 deaths, in 102 counties.
Local case breakdown:
- Williamson County: 22, three deaths (two reported from a long-term care facility)
- Franklin County: 20
- Saline and Jackson counties: 13 each
- Union County: eight
- Randolph and Johnson counties: five
- Jefferson and White counties: four each
- Perry and Hamilton counties: two
- Alexander and Hardin counties: one each
- All reported cases are in isolation.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total tests from Sept. 10-16 is 3.6 percent.